Wednesday 4 June 2014

What's in my make-up bag?

I've only recently started to carry around a make-up bag within my hand bag. The current make-up bag I have I purchased yesterday. It was £3 from a shop called Tiger. The moment I saw it I fell in love with it! It's a great bag, really compact in size but still manages to fit all of my make-up inside of it. It's really nice material with a cute pattern on the outside of the bag.






The first item in my make-up bag is my foundation. It's by the company NYC (New York Color) and is a Natural Matte Foundation, Anti shine effect for up to 8 hours in the shade 003 Cameo. The product retails for between £2.49-£2.99. I absolutely love this foundation! I have been using it for a good while now and I would personally recommend it to anyone. The shade really matches my skin tone unlike other foundations I have tried. It doesn't cause streaks like other foundations and also does not carry a smell like others do.


Product number two is blush by the company Natural Collection in the colour Peach Melba. The colour is a pinky brown colour that looks really nice on your cheeks. It matches really well with my foundation. The product was £1.99 from Boots and is available in a range of colours to suit your needs. The only bad thing I would say about this blush is it does not tend to last the full day while on your cheeks. I would recommend this product as it is not going to break the bank and there are some lovely shades.


My next product is also my Natural Collection and is one of their single eyeshadows in the colour Candy Floss. The colour is a really light pink colour that is slightly shimmery. It retails at £1.79 from Boots. It is a really lovely colour that when put onto my eyelids makes me look more awake and my eyes shine out more. I would 100% repurchase this product and similar colours to it as well as looking into their range of other colours.


Next is an eyeshadow pallet that was part of an Evie Mai gift set I received for Christmas. The pallet contains a lot of neutral brown and nude colours while also having some darker browns and black. I find it is a really nice pallet to use during summer as the light browns give your eyes a really light and vibrant look.

Recently I have been getting really into Rimmel London make up. A few weeks ago I bought several of their nail polishes so was really happy to find one of their products in my May glossybox. I have used it several times since getting it and it's something I would definitely consider re-purchasing. It is retailed at £6.99 for one size. The applicator is really soft and easy to use. It makes your lashes look longer and fuller and does not carry a smell unlike some mascaras I have previously used. It is something which I would really recommend to anyone looking for a really good mascara to try.



Nivea do a lot of great products for lips but my favourite thus far has definitely got to be their Soft Rose lip care. It is retailed anywhere between £1.49-£2 but I purchased it in Poundland for £1. It has a really lovely smell, perfect for summer. It's really light on your lips, non-sticky, does not have much of a colour and softens and moistens your lips. It's a really good lip product which I would defintiely 100% re-purchase.


I've watched a lot of Youtube make-up guru videos and they all seem to have purchased Maybelline New York's Babylips. I decided after a long time coming it was time to try it for myself. I found it in the Maybelline section at one of my local Boots. They are retailed for £2.99. There were a few different types to try out but the best sounding, to me, by far was Cherry Me. On trying it out the product smells AMAZING (like cherries strangely enough!). It moistens and softens your lips. It feels really smooth on and also does not have a disgusting taste. It has a slight colour to it (a dark pink/light red). I love it and cannot wait to try out the other ones.



Next is another product from Natural Collection. It is one of their CoverUp Creams in the shade Fair. It goes really well with my skin and blends in nicely with my foundation. It provides sufficient cover-up and is retailed at £1.99 from Boots. It does not carry any smell and glides on nicely to my skin. It is something I would consider repurchasing.






My next product is an extremely well known brand. It is Vaseline. I have a few of their pocket size lip therapy tins (cocoa butter, original, aloe vera) but my favourite by far is Aloe Vera. It is really smooth on your lips and carries a really fresh and lovely smell. It's a really handy size to have to carry about with you and is also useful if you have any dry skin. It feels really lovely and is not gloopy. It is retailed anywhere between £1.24-£1.99.


Another lip product. It is by the brand Seventeen and is a lip gloss. It is a really lovely shimmery pink that sits well on your lips and last a while. It smells really nice and is not sticky or gloopy to apply (which is good for those windy days when your hair is down). I have one of the small lipglosses that came within a set which I received for Christmas. It was £4.99 to purchase the set of lipglosses which contained six lipglosses and I personally feel it was really worth the price as I have tried out every one of them and love them.



Next is an eyeshadow single colour. It is from the brand Rimmel London and is in the shade 172 Audacious Amethyst. I absolutely adore anything purple so this eyeshadow colour is perfect for me! It is retailed at £4.49 in Boots however on looking in Poundland I managed to pick up this product for just £1! I love the product, it suits my skin tone really well and is not too dark to the extent where it makes your eyes look really dark.






Yet another lip product (I didn't realise I had so many!) by the brand Natural Collection again. It is in the shade Turkish Delight and is a really lovely light pink colour with an amazing smell. It sits really well on your lips and does not smudge easily. It is also not sticky so is great for windy weather. The product retails for £1.99 in Boots stores.





Next is an eyeliner from the company Estee Lauder in the shade 01 Softsmudge Black. The product is retailed at £16. The product is really easy to apply and I find it does not smudge throughout the day like other eyeliners I own. It looks really great with my mascara and is something I would consider repurchasing after it is finished.





Next is yet another lip product! This time it is by Marks and Spencers and is their Raspberry Lip Butter. It is retailed in a pack of 3 (coconut, raspberry and cherry) for £5. It smells lovely. It is really nice feeling when placed on your lips and has a slight tint of pink colour. The only con to this product in my opinion is it is slightly stickier than other lip products I own making it difficult to use when it is windy weather.




The last lip product! This is a lipstick by the brand Evie Mai which I received in a gift set I got for Christmas along with the eyeshadow pallet featured above. The lipstick is a Browny/Red colour which looks great on my lips and I feel it really suits my skin colour. The gift set I received this in is retailed, from Freemans.com, at £39.




The make-up products are over with however I have another 2 items I keep in my make-up bag:


The first is my powder brush. Powder brushes can vary in price depending on how good the make is and also where you purchase it. Every body brush I have come across has been extremely expensive. I came across this powder brush in one of the least likely places of all...Poundland. I was sceptical at first due to it only being a pound however on feeling the brush it was extremely smooth and soft, great for using on your face. I decided I would give it a shot considering I wouldn't have much to lose with it only being £1. I personally absolutely love this brush. It is great to use on your face due to it being so soft, it applies the make-up where you need it etc. I would 100% repurchase this product if needed.





The final product in my make-up bag is my travel size perfume. This perfume is in a small 10ml roll-on bottle which is perfect for carrying about with you and suitable to take on planes. The name of the perfume is "Midnight Kiss". I came across it while shopping in Primark last year and after smelling a sample of it I fell in love. The 10ml bottle is £2 and the 50ml bigger bottle is £5. I personally think it smells better than a lot of the higher brand perfumes that are worth £40/£50.

No comments:

Post a Comment